Govan Law Centre’s Annual Report to 31 March 2023 (you can read or download below) gives a good snapshot of the thousands of successful outcomes we achieve for our clients each year, helping them turn a difficult moment in their lives or securing their legal rights that will keep them safe and well.
Our report also highlights our additional value for Scotland generally, by our wider strategic public interest litigation, policy and law reform work; all of which helps improve the legal rights and wellbeing of many vulnerable citizens across Scotland.
Some of cases of wider strategic public interest during the period included: X v. Glasgow City Council  CSOH 35;  CSIH 7; HM Revenue and Customs v. Adnan and Adnan 2022 SLT 97; JN v. Secretary of State for Work and Pensions  UT 49 (AAC) and McCue v Glasgow City Council  UKSC 1.
For the two-year period of 2021-2023, the impact of the services provided by GLC was:
• handled 9,538 Type 1, 2 & 3 cases
• assisted 1,719 new clients in Type 2 & 3 work
• assisted 168 applicants in homelessness cases
• prevented 594 households being made homeless
• improved the living conditions for 853 clients and improved debt affordability for 253 clients
• received 261 referrals from GAIN agencies • received 191 referrals for external agencies
|Total amount of client financial gains||£786,453|
|Total amount of debt (non-housing) managed for clients||£950,465|
|Total amount of debt (housing) managed for clients||£2,441,306|