As well as providing our services from our Govan and Govanhill offices we understand that to support our most vulnerable clients we need to take our services to them. Our Rights Hub model is one which we have now run for a number of years. The model was developed using Big Lottery Funds in conjunction with the long term funding we received from the Oak Foundation. We are also grateful to other funders who have provided us with invaluable support to continue to develop and offer these services in the local and wider community.
The impact of the pandemic and restrictions on meeting others meant that we had to suspend a number of our face to face outreach services.
We are are now re-establishing a number of our previous outreach hubs and launching new ones in the areas where our support is needed most. A list of our current outreaches are listed below:
Glasgow Overnight Welcome Centre (normally December to March)
The Glasgow Overnight Welcome Centre (GOWC), previously the Glasgow Winter Night Shelter, delivers emergency accommodation as an alternative to people having to ‘sleep rough’; providing a warm, safe, secure environment with trained staff and volunteers to help them during the winter months. GOWC are an example of excellent partnership working, each partner bringing their area of expertise.
Govan Law Centre to provide the service user with the support, assistance, and legal advice and representation and housing & homelessness casework. These hubs have continued during every winter since 2015. Thanks to all our funders over the years including grants from Rangers Football Club Charity.
We ensure that service users were getting their statutory housing and homeless rights being provided with emergency, temporary and permanent accommodation.
List of our Rights Hubs
- The Access Hub – Simon Community – 389 Argyle St – Welfare Rights Hub – Tuesday 10am – 3pm – drop in
- The Access Hub – Simon Community – 389 Argyle St – Women’s Rights Project – Thursday 2pm – 4pm – drop in
- GEMAP – Housing & Homelessness Hub – Tuesday – appointments made via GEMAP
- GEMAP – Legal Clinic – Wednesday pm (currently by telephone) – appointments made via GEMAP
- Govanhill Neighbourhood Centre – Daisy Street, Govanhill – Rights Hub – Thursday 10am – 1pm – drop in
- Govan Help – Pearce Institute – Money Advice Hub – 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month (pm) – by appointment
Listed below is a number of NHS and voluntary sector organisations in Glasgow which have a formal referral pathway to Govan Law Centre:
- Leverndale DART team, staff & patient representatives
- Gartnavel staff, Patient Affairs & patient representatives
- Stobhill Staff & patient representatives
- Parkhead Staff & Patient Representatives
- GEMAP (Greater Easterhouse Money Advice Project) also based in Parkhead Hsp
- Womens Aid
- Glasgow City Council Social Work adult care services
- Glasgow Carers Centre’s
- Community Alcohol Support Services Glasgow
- Govan Health Centre & GP Practice Community Links workers in our service delivery areas
- Community Mental Health Resource centres
- Easterhouse Health Centre
- GCC Homelessness Services
- Glasgow Homelessness Day Centres
- GAMH North West (Gartnavel)
- Simon Community Rough Sleeper &Vulnerable Person team
- Awaz FM Community Radio
- Homes for Good Community Interest Company
- Glasgow’s Helping Heroes