Govan Law Centre is seeking a qualified solicitor (newly qualified would be considered) with civil court experience. Experience in the legal fields of housing, homelessness, employment and public law would be an advantage.
This is a full time position, however, job share will be considered. (If applying for job share, please indicate your preferred working hours.)
The position will be based in our Govanhill office and will include provision of a variety of legal advice and representation in terms of mainly housing, employment, debt and homelessness, working with an extremely vulnerable client group. It will also include supporting our Prevention of Homeless Caseworker and Welfare Rights Caseworker and providing legal representation at court and tribunals.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to work with our respected Solicitor Advocate and be involved in Court of Session work.
The successful candidates MUST :
- Hold a degree in Scots Law
- A diploma in legal practice
- An unrestricted Law Society of Scotland practising certificate
- Have good research and analytical skills
- Ability to work well under supervision
- Work well within an experienced legal team
It would be desirable if the candidates had:
- Knowledge and experience of issues relating to social welfare law
- Experience in housing and employment law
- Experience in appearing in court or tribunal settings
- Experience in dealing with vulnerable clients
- Experience in handling a large and varied workload
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position to:
Candy Walker, Service Manager, Govan Law Centre, 18-20 Orkney Street, Glasgow, G51 2BX or by e-mail to email@example.com. CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY 30TH NOVEMBER 2021 AT 12 NOON
Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.