Govan Law Centre is looking for a solicitor to work within our innovative & busy prevention of homelessness project and Crisis Navigator Intervention Service for Women and Children experiencing Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women and Girls.
Many women experience homelessness differently from men and often face exploitation and feel stuck in difficult circumstances. We are looking for someone who is passionate about tacking inequalities women face to join our award winning team.
Closing date 21st May 2021. (Females only, occupational requirement permitted under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010 )
Job Vacancy: Solicitor
Applications are invited from Females only. Given the nature and subject matter of the work, this is an occupational requirement permitted under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010
34 Hours per week, Full Time, Glasgow, Salary depending on experience, permanent position (job share considered)
An opportunity to work within our innovative & busy projects and Crisis Navigator Intervention Service for Women and Children experiencing Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women and Girls.
Govan Law Centre is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated solicitor to assist the legal team working closely with Govan Law Centre Prevention of Homeless Services and Inclusion Team.
The successful candidate will be experienced in court work and relevant civil law. The successful candidate will be working in a team to offer a holistic service to women facing homelessness. This will include women who rough sleep, face exploitation and victims of domestic abuse. You will assist women with young children who are in unsuitable accommodation. The successful applicant will work as part of a team and will be expected to attend outreach hubs across Glasgow.
The successful candidate MUST :
1. Hold a degree in Scots Law.
2. A diploma in legal practice.
3. A Law Society of Scotland practising certificate.
4. Have good research and analytical skills.
5. Ability to work well with minimum supervision.
6. Passionate about Equality and Women’s Rights.
It would be desirable if the candidate had
1. Knowledge and experience of issues relating to women’s issues.
2. Knowledge and experience of issues relating to homelessness and housing law.
3. Knowledge and experience of issues relating to social welfare law
4. Experience in appearing in court or tribunal settings
5. Experience in dealing with vulnerable clients
5. Experience in handling a large and varied workload
6. Experience in working within a team setting
Please send or email CV and Covering Letter to:
Candy Walker, Legal Service Manager, Govan Law Centre, Unit 4, 18-20 Orkney Street, Glasgow G51 2BZ
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 21st May 2021
Telephone 0141 440 2503
If you have not received a response from Govan law Centre by Friday 28th May 2021, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion & no further correspondence will be entered into.